Come on admit it, there is nothing better than a crispy, golden brown, salted French fry. Right?
1. Boise Fry Company, Idaho: Their slogan is “Burgers on the Side” and with Idaho being known for their potatoes, this place was destined to have killer fries. Customers can choose from six varieties of potato, then the cut, then the dressing. What could be better than a fry customized to your craving?!
2. The Breslin Bar & Dining Room, NYC:This hip place is known for their thrice-cooked chips. Long, medium-thick slices of Idaho russet potatoes are first boiled, then fried twice in a sunflower/canola oil blend. Then they get a pinch of salt. Try them with the restaurant’s Cuban mayo.
3. The Original Hot Dog Shop, Pittsburgh:Known for dishing out fries piled a mile high, The Original Hot Dog Shop makes their fries using hand-cut, and peeled Idaho potatoes which are friend twice in peanut oil. Served perfectly golden and crunch on a cafeteria tray, this place will bring back the nostalgia of the good old days.
4. Duckfat, Maine:Duckfat uses locally grown potatoes for their famous fries which are fried twice in duck fat allowing the outside to get super crisp while the inside remains tender. Served in a paper cone alongside specially made dips like mussel mayo and chopped egg and caper mayo, these fries are unusually made but delicious.
5. Jasper’s Corner Tap, San Francisco: With a menu devoted specifically to fries, this place has to be a winner! Choose your fry, thin, thick, or sweet potato, then your seasoning. Folks say that the smoked cheese fondue that is served as a side for dipping is “to die for.”
6. Pike Street Fish, Seattle: Known for Seattle’s best fish and chips, this place serves hand-sliced fries that are fried to “perfection,” along with delectable dipping sauces. The tangy chili mayo is a favorite. Even better, fries are FREE every third Friday of the month from 5PM to 7PM.
7. The Green Room, South Carolina: The Chef here, Patrick Long, specializes in Parmesan truffle fries, shoestring cut, and immediately tossed in truffle oil after being taken from the fryer. He then finishes them with a sprinkle of Parmesan cheese and fresh parsley.
8. Bourbon Steak, Miami: Celeb chef Michael Mina offers mid-thick cuts of potato that are dunked in duck fat for the ultimate flavor and crispiness. An order covers three seasonings and sauce combos including rosemary herb with spicy ketchup, onion-dusted with sour cream sauce, and smoked paprika with smoked BBQ sauce. YUM!
9. Jonesy’s EatBar, Denver: Continually voted as Denver’s best fries, these thick-cut, extra crispy spuds are out of this world. They also come in four “World Famous” and original varieties like Buffalo (loaded in wing sauve and blue cheese crumbles with a side of dressing) and Bacon Mac & Cheese.
10. Thrasher’s, Maryland: Simply put, these are the ultimate “Boardwalk Fry.” These hand-cut fries are freid in peanut oil with the skins still on and served with salk & vineagar in a big bucket. The smallest bucket is 16oz and the largest weighs in at 53oz!